Talk

Advanced search

Just opened my post....

(10 Posts)
moomooland01 Wed 12-Nov-14 21:12:13

And it's my decree absolute! shock
Not sure how I feel, how I'm supposed to feel?
It's weird.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 13-Nov-14 09:53:24

How do you feel this morning? Think lots of people do feel a bit numb at first.

Best wishes for a happy future.

Arlagirl Fri 14-Nov-14 13:36:13

Wow.
We have just sent papers off today...due Feb 2015.
Hope life is good to you xx

moomooland01 Fri 14-Nov-14 18:47:49

It's strange, like I want to sing and dance about it but I'm a little but gutted? God know why, the things he's done I hate him for it. 13 yrs is a massive part of my life, almost all my adult life and it's over with a piece I paper. Strange feeling.

YouAreMyRain Fri 14-Nov-14 19:09:18

I felt relieved but sad too. Sad because I meant the vows I made on my wedding day and I did my utmost to make it work and he turned out to be a shit bag so I had no alternative but to divorce him. Sad about choosing him I suppose because he let me down.

moomooland01 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:20:54

Yes! And sad because when I left he turned out to be someone who I didn't even know, I guess looking back the hurt made him like that. They do say you learn more about a person at the end of a relationship than you do the whole time you're together.

YouAreMyRain Fri 14-Nov-14 21:48:14

True!

Longdistance Fri 14-Nov-14 21:50:54

As one door closes, another door opens.

Best of luck for the future wine flowers

bananamilkshake1 Thu 20-Nov-14 17:29:44

It is weird and sad and a relief all at once.

I got mine almost a year ago now and although I was expecting it, seeing the words "marriage dissolved" on a sheet on A4 had a finality and sadness to it I hadn't expected. I saw the details of our wedding day & remembered back to another me and a time where I felt so happy and full of hope about the future. The memory almost didn't feel real as I stood there in my hallway with the paper in my hand.

I married for life and loved him very much but as much as I hoped it would be different with me (wife number 3), it turned out he still couldn't keep it in his pants after all.

So, I read the paper, filed it away and left for work. I haven't looked at it since.

Minime85 Sun 23-Nov-14 14:49:36

I can apply for my absolute on Tuesday. Interesting thread as wondered how it would feel being finally done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now