Talk

Advanced search

If I have an email from H admitting adultery, can I use that?

(5 Posts)
Birra Sun 02-Nov-14 15:03:12

An email where he apologies for being unfaithful.
Is that enough? I know proof of adultery is hard to prove

Greengrow Sun 02-Nov-14 17:20:28

In England anyone can get divorced on demand after a year. The only ground is irretrievable breakdown. You can just about always prove that by unreasonable behaviour - no need really to cite adultery unless you particularly want to.

Also people tend to send each other the draft divorce petition in advance if they want a civilised divorce so the other person can comment on and suggest amendments to it - we did that. Works well.

Birra Sun 02-Nov-14 17:29:54

But, the unreasonable behaviour can be refuted. I was thinking the email might make adultery easier.

Greengrow Sun 02-Nov-14 18:33:34

It is never successfully refuted in England. No one would succeed. The courts always let it through. You could pick any marriage including the happiest in the UK and find enough to found an unreasonable behaviour petition which would stick even if the other person does not consent to it.

NoelleHawthorne Sun 02-Nov-14 18:36:01

Mate of mine was advised not to apportion blame. You dont need to - why make it any worse?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now