Talk

Advanced search

This has to be my worst time of year!!

(5 Posts)
2anddone Sun 14-Sep-14 14:48:39

In some ways it is worse than Christmas. I have 2dc both with birthdays within 10 days of each other and a exh who moved out 18 months ago (and have probably just outed myself)
The last two weekends have been taken up with parties for my dc.which h comes to and then on their actual birthdays he comes round before school then again after school and we all (along with their aunt and uncle) go out for tea. Last year it was ok as we were only 6 months into separation and I was still in the middle of hating him for walking out on us. This year I am just really sad, we get on ok and things are amicable enough for their to be no tension when we do these things but I can't help feeling sorry for myself and my dc and what could have been. Please give me a kick up the arse remind me what a twunt he was, how he has cheated on me and probably would again and how apart from these first two weeks in September I have been quite relieved at times that he has gone!

2anddone Sun 14-Sep-14 14:54:40

Sorry for the grammar mistakes and horrendous misuse of their rather than there!!! I have no excuse wink

Beangenie Mon 15-Sep-14 22:05:16

I'm only one month into my separation.... It's very raw and I'm dreading Christmas. After 26 years of marriage, my 46 year hubby has left me for a 28 year old with a 2 year old child sad I can't belive he's done it. If you've got as far as you have, be proud! I only hope I can be like you when I reach that stage.. At the moment, I'd have him back like a shot, which I know would be a mistake.At certain times it doesn't matter how cruel they've been,you still miss them! Don't beat yourself up for the odd moment of weakness, it sounds as if you're being really strong smile

whyMe2014 Sun 02-Nov-14 22:26:50

My 44 year old husband left me in August for another woman (36 with a child). He's been emotionally and financially abusive.

But even after all he's done I still would take him back - sometimes - other times I am so angry with him for destroying our family. My head tells me that he's a lying, cheating, manipulating bastard but my heart has been with him for 23 years and married for 14 so their opinions differ. Some days I wake up and I don't believe what's happening - how did I get here?

I take strength from others on mumsnet that have gone through it and come out the other side.

Cristina27022008 Fri 07-Nov-14 15:42:10

Hi All,

I am so glad that I found this website it is so helpful. I just started divorce petition, I want to do all the paper works myself and have a lawyer to do just the financial issues, as I do not have much money. I live in Wimbledon and I work in the city. I would appreciate if I could meet up with some one whom went through the divorce to talk. I am so lost and scared. As I know for sure my husband will not be honest in his financial disclosure. As he always been hidden everything relative to his finances.

I am looking forward to hear from any one.

Kind Regards,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now