Advanced search

Child maintenence, Unemployed ex partner now living in Australia.

(3 Posts)
hotlips63 Mon 31-Mar-14 18:05:53

Hi all. Been lurking for awhile first time posting. O.k in a nutshell. Exp left to live in Australia 2010, refuse to pay me Child Maintenance. 2013 hired solicitor to help obtain court order for child maintenance which my exp eventually agreed to. Yesterday (Mothers day) daughter informed that her dad had F/booked her to say he was made redundant last week!! Checked my bank and this months payment not payed in. Ffs! So im not really sure what im suppose to do now? Phoned C.A.B and other agencys was told had to contact my solicitor? Dont really want to as it cost me loads of cash to get the consent order!!. How do I go about making sure that he pays me the arrears when he is employed again? As you can tell he isnt exactly forthcoming when dealing with his responsibilities! Any help/advice would be gratefully received. R.E.M.O is my last port of call.... leaving that till tomorrow if no joy here. Thanx in advance mumnetters. :-). Xx

farmersmarket Tue 01-Apr-14 08:18:46

Actually REMO are good so use them. Its slow but free and they will get this enforced through the Austrailian courts.
Why are you not interested? Are you hopping he will agree? I would be careful as arrears will only be collected from date of application so if you delay this will not be collected.

mumtobealloveragain Sat 05-Apr-14 10:54:58

He won't accrue arrears for the period that he is not working.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now