Talk

Advanced search

Lies, d....d lies and lawyers.

(5 Posts)
foolonthehill Fri 28-Mar-14 13:43:32

So 2.5 years after separation, 2 years after nici.
Feckless, lying, abusive ex is still falsifying financial disclosure even in the face of contradictory evidence provided by me, and I'm not even going to protest about the tax declaration to HMRC last year.

Now his lies I am used to and expect, but how can a lawyer (his) just face me down with "XX says that's not true" when I have sent her (via my solicitor) all the evidence I have and certainly more than necessary to prove he has 2 pensions, and significant assets alongside his undoubtedly large debt?

We are already going through the courts with contact due to abuse of children. I really really can't afford to take the finances before a judge as well. All I want is to get out of the house with some money to rehouse myself and the children before the mortgage company start proceedings and my credit rating (excellent) goes down the drain (around Aug/Sept).

Any ideas/happy endings to keep me going?

foolonthehill Fri 28-Mar-14 13:44:57

PS not contradictory...*contradicting*: his stuff is often contradictory, I try not to be! grin

HowardTJMoon Fri 28-Mar-14 13:49:28

His solicitor will say whatever he pays his solicitor to say.

Twitterqueen Fri 28-Mar-14 13:50:35

I have no advice, only much sympathy.

Unfortunately in my experience those who pay the most for the best legal advice will always win. My ex took me to court for 1,300 last year and the judge told him what a super, kind, generous man he was. Despite the fact that ex stole money and refused to pay CM.

Same judge refused to enforce the pension allocation ex still owes me, which is �53,000. How is that right? I don't know.

Just get the most determined, experienced, hard-nosed solicitor you can.

foolonthehill Fri 28-Mar-14 13:57:19

Thanks,

I think the solicitor is ok...it's my nose that needs hardening and my determination that needs bolstering.

every single letter, point, fact (or in his case fiction) leads to so much work....duplication, evidence, more evidence, same evidence....and repeat. It's a full time job..and I already have one of those and 4 young DC.

Still one day there will be peace and i am sure going to enjoy it (even if it happens once I'm in the grave!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now