Advanced search


(3 Posts)
benditlikeme Mon 24-Feb-14 19:43:20

My friend left her husband a couple of years ago but they are not yet divorced. He lives in the family home and she rents.

She gets benefits as she has 3 children and housing benefit. He pays for his children.

They are now getting back together and he is spending some (probably only a couple) nights at her house. They are planning to live together at some point if things work out, in which case she will not need to claim the benefits anymore.

Could she be done for benefit fraud or is this perfectly legal.

AndThatsWhatIThinkOfYou Sun 02-Mar-14 16:54:17

if it can be proved that he lives in the house, Eg clothes, his belongings, neighbours seeing him regularly, I think a case could be made, also the councils do 'stake outs' sitting in car watching house (yes this happens I know someone who does it for a living working for council)

RonaldMcDonald Sun 02-Mar-14 16:56:40

They maintain separate households not just for show?
Then she is fine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: