Advanced search

Statement of arrangements for children - conditions

(4 Posts)
mustbetimefortea Sat 15-Feb-14 12:56:22

Putting together wording for contact arrangements and need some advice. Stbxh and ILs keep insisting on taking ds on trips to theme parks etc. If I make a request to take him somewhere they will make plans to do it themselves. If I object they withold permission for me to visit family abroad.

I believe that once the court has approved the arrangements, as ds lives with me I am entitled to take him abroad for up to a month without their consent. Is this true?

I would like to put some wording in about fairness in dividing up treats but not sure how to word it. Any ideas?

MaryPoppinsCarpetBag Sun 16-Feb-14 09:26:18

You'd need a residence order to do it without his permission, and only then if it didn't go over the terms of his contact order.

Without a residence order, you would need to have the permission of everyone with parental responsibility.

MaryPoppinsCarpetBag Sun 16-Feb-14 09:28:00

If you wanted to take your child to visit family, you can request permission from the court and they would be very unlikely to say no.

mustbetimefortea Sun 16-Feb-14 12:40:09

There is no dispute over me having residency. So if I put into the contact agreement section of the D8a that ds will be allowed to visit his family abroad for up to a fortnight during my holidays (which is all I would be doing) that would be acceptable to the court?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: