Talk

Advanced search

unreasonable behavior?

(7 Posts)
thepuddingchef Sun 02-Feb-14 21:32:47

Hi could someone who has more of a clue than me tell me what could be construed as unreasonable behaviour?
I don't know if my ramblings of exH being a numpty are grounds enough as it's all my word against him and he will no doubt go for adultery even though this isn't true he always thought it.
Just undecided whether to just pay for it all as he won't contribute to any of it or try for unreasonable behaviour and get court to decide if he can help pay for it?
We have 2 dc whom he very rarely sees by his own choice. No money ties or property.

vicks66 Sun 02-Feb-14 23:08:38

Girl, stand up for your self!! If u not guilty, y shud admit to summin u not dun?? I got divorced successfully from a lawyer of all people, and the court ate him alive. I just said he lacked support etc etc, and the court went with me. U got kids, u hold the cards. Don't let him bully u

awishes Sun 02-Feb-14 23:13:15

I'm interested in this too - how can you prove anything about unreasonable behaviour? What happens if he says this and that against what you've said?!!

HauntedNoddyCar Sun 02-Feb-14 23:15:39

It's highly unlikely that a court is going to refuse a divorce in a marriage that has broken down. If you are divorcing him for unreasonable behaviour and you can demonstrate that he's verbally or emotionally abusive to you that should be fine. If he counters with unsubstantiated adultery claims, then it kind of proves your point.

MaryPoppinsCarpetBag Mon 03-Feb-14 08:55:51

His solicitor should advise against adultery unless he has proof.

Unreasonable behaviour can be all sorts of things. His solicitor should also advice him against disputing it. It doesn't change the outcome (divorce) and will just cost more.

Not sure about claiming costs from the other side even if he was at fault but it's worth a try.

Noregrets78 Mon 03-Feb-14 14:55:34

You don't need to prove the unreasonable behaviour. He can even state in his response that he doesn't agree, if he likes, the divorce can still go ahead on the basis the marriage has broken down. He could formally defend, but that's extremely rare.
He wouldn't be able to cite adultery if it isn't true.
I believe it's quite common for the other side to have to pay the costs if you go for unreasonable behaviour, even though you're the one kickng it off.

jacques1972 Thu 13-Mar-14 18:12:19

"You got the kids, you hold all the cards"

Tut Tut.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now