Divorce without solicitor

(10 Posts)
Thetallestsunflower Thu 23-Jan-14 21:14:13

I have my decree nisee through already and would like to get my absolute sorted.
My ex and I still have the mortgage in joint names. I am living in the house and he is living in a rented flat-or he was until he was sectioned a few weeks ago.
Is it possible to get the divorce with the mortgage still in joint names or would it be a bad idea?

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 23-Jan-14 22:42:50

You really should get all the finances sorted and a financial consent order in place before getting the absolute.

kevindockerty Fri 24-Jan-14 19:09:07

This site will draft you a clean break order - £87 according to the web site

Or this site can also help with consent orders online divorce

Always a good idea to get these things sorted.
hope that helps

mark48bedfordshire Sun 02-Feb-14 09:53:25

I'm just finding out about all this.
I spotted this website that may help others:


babybarrister Tue 11-Feb-14 15:56:19

unless your finances are incredibly simple these online services are frankly dangerous in my professional view

pay peanuts and all that .....

as I assume you are not a lawyer the danger is that you will not realise the problems until too late ....

atthestrokeoftwelve Tue 11-Feb-14 16:10:22

I didn't use a solicitor, we did have property and a mortage but we came to an arrangement. THe house was sold, we divided the assets as agreed and we arranged a postal divorce.
We had no children.
It was straightforward, cheap and easy.

soniapolantes123 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:17:27

I used a company called Divorce-Online and we did a divorce and a financial order.

I think it cost £400 or something like that they use solicitors for the financial bit and it was really good and you can use their support as well as the solicitors.

This is the service we used


Can't recommend them highly enough.

twosquared Fri 21-Feb-14 15:16:04

I'm concerned that your ex was sectioned. Does that mean there will be some question over his capacity?
I think you need a lawyer.

twosquared Fri 21-Feb-14 15:16:35

I'm concerned that your ex was sectioned. Does that mean there will be some question over his capacity?
I think you need a lawyer.

babybarrister Sat 22-Feb-14 20:07:27

Twosquared absolutely ot on - likelihood is ex will need litigation friend ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now