Advanced search

Claiming benefits/tax credits for child when hubby has left

(5 Posts)
Valdeeves Fri 03-Jan-14 23:45:51

Can anyone help? How do you go about doing this? Is there a number?
How is it quantified?
It's for a friend - they are struggling with everything and I want to try and get this one area on the go to deal with some of the financial worries.

fusspot66 Fri 03-Jan-14 23:47:44

there's a website called

Valdeeves Sat 04-Jan-14 03:49:32

Thank you

Sasquatch75 Wed 08-Jan-14 21:58:32

Hi, did you find everything you needed for your friend? Is she working? I remember spending 45 mins on the phone to income support... And the tax credits form took ages to fill in too. Might be able to get housing benefit.

If she has a child under 4 years old, she can claim healthy start vouchers which are £3.10 a week (for milk, fruit and veg).

Free school meals too.

And free nhs dental treatment and prescriptions for herself. Forms are at the docs although I think income support sorted it out for me.

Hope your friend is ok. Mumsnet has been a lifesaver for me! I'm 5 months on now and in a much better place than I was.

daisystone Mon 20-Jan-14 21:05:31

This was me a while back. Had to fill in very long winded forms and go to the Job Centre for an assessment. Housing benefit required numerous documents etc. Bloody nightmare getting it all sorted out. Hope I NEVER have to do it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now