Advanced search

Child maintenance question

(5 Posts)
gracehedley Sat 31-Aug-13 20:51:11

Can anyone advise please - I am divorced and our consent order (? if that is what it is called) dated March 2013 states my former husband should pay me £200 per month for maintenace for our son. This month he only paid £170. I recall the solicitor saying I should have zero tolerance if he underpaid and I could actually write to the court myself telling them the problem and they can take steps to get the payment from him? Does anyone know if this is correct - I am reluctant to approach solicitor again, having already paid out thousands, though realise I might have to. Thanks for advice.

gracehedley Sun 01-Sep-13 22:11:58

does anyone have any knowledge of this - enforcing the child maintenace part of a consent order, I suppose? Thanks smile

Collaborate Sun 01-Sep-13 22:54:29

You have to enforce it yourself in the county court, although you could register it in the family proceedings court and they will enforce it (though you give up control).
If he's employed you should apply for an attachment of earnings order, otherwise apply for a warrant of execution (the bailiffs). After a year of the order either of you can give notice to the other and then go to the CSA.

gracehedley Sun 01-Sep-13 23:17:04

Thanks Collaborate. Is it a lengthy and costly process? We have 6 months left of the order (then it will be a year). Wonder if it's worth it.

gracehedley Tue 03-Sep-13 17:14:30

Can anyone advise on how to enforce a consent order please? Is it something the CAB would know about?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now