Advanced search

Can I force my adultress ex to sell our house at a loss so I can be done with him?

(2 Posts)
sarahgarwood Fri 16-Aug-13 20:24:52

Dear all,
I am after some advice and after trawling forums I still cannot find the answer to my query. A short while ago I foudn out that my husband had been having an affair! We are now divorced. We had a flat together with a joint mortgage. I have moved back to my parents and he is still living in our flat. I want to sell the flat so I can be totally seperated from him. However the flat is in negative equity. I want to lower the selling price and am happy to take a loss on the flat but he is not. I am still paying my share of the mortgage and some of his as I earn more money. He would not be able to afford the mortgage on his own.

Is there any way I can force him to sell the house at a price where it will sell?

TheFallenNinja Fri 16-Aug-13 20:33:11

I'm not a legal beagle but I wouldn't have thought so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now