Advanced search

Statement of arrangements for children

(5 Posts)
readallaboutit Mon 05-Aug-13 20:47:31

I have received my decree nisi and statement of childcare arrangements has been sent to Court, my stbxh is now refusing to comply with what had been agreed re childcare. Where do I stand? What course of action can i take? Any advice greatfully received, thanks.

MooseBeTimeForSpring Mon 05-Aug-13 20:51:45

The Statement is not legally binding. It is simply a snapshot for the benefit of the judge, in order that he can see that suitable arrangements are in place.

You can't force him to do what he doesn't want to. Have you tried mediation? If he's really unhappy he'll have to make an application to the court for contact.

readallaboutit Mon 05-Aug-13 20:57:04

Moose, thanks for reply. He wants to see them less not more! They are being used as weapons unfortunately

Safmellow Mon 05-Aug-13 21:03:44

Aah don't think there's a lot you can do really if he wants to see less of them sad

MooseBeTimeForSpring Tue 06-Aug-13 20:10:17

safmellow is right. You can't force him to have more contact if he doesn't want it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now