Advanced search

Recovering costs

(6 Posts)
FannyBazaar Wed 24-Jul-13 23:19:00

AFAIK his only assets are a laptop and hundreds of cans of special brew... I guess I have to work out if I believe the rumours that all the money has gone.

nickymanchester Wed 24-Jul-13 17:06:30

Have a word with a High Court Enforcement Officer:-

They tend to get better results than court bailiffs at recovering money. If there is already a court order in existence then they should be able to deal with getting the money.

However, if he hasn't got anything then you still won't get anything

Numberlock Wed 24-Jul-13 16:03:22

Small claims court?

FannyBazaar Wed 24-Jul-13 15:35:32

Around 2K, I forgot exact figure.

Numberlock Wed 24-Jul-13 15:25:55

How much is it?

FannyBazaar Wed 24-Jul-13 15:24:28

My STBX has been ordered by the court to pay costs of having his divorce petition withdrawn due to lack of action. I now need to proceed with my divorce petition. He has completely ignored my texts regarding the costs, I have told him that if he doesn't pay I will be seeking a financial settlement.

He received a sum of money when I bought out his share of the house and also a share of his late mother's house which was sold and possibly some inheritance. I have now heard rumours that he has spent all this and his previous partner (who he was planning to marry) cleared out his bank account.

Am I right in believeing that pursuing the costs via my solicitor could just result in me increasing the solicitor's bill and getting nowhere if he has in fact got no money? Is there any way I can recover this money without incurring huge costs in the process? I am struggling to find the money to continue with the divorce as it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now