Advanced search

Child Contact - Need Solid MNers Advice!

(6 Posts)
SlimSchadey Sun 07-Jul-13 18:34:58

Hello MNers -- counting on you to have some good information for me. My STBX doesn't see our 4 year old DD very often, and when he does, it has to be on his terms. I ask to have her home at a reasonable hour and he keeps her as long as he likes. He took her away for the weekend to his mum's without telling me. I would have been fine with it and always am, but it would have helped me to know what to pack for my DD and she always likes to know where she is going. I think at a time of so much uncertainty, it is important for me to be able to tell her where she is going to be. She likes to pack, accordingly -- will take different books and toys to grandma's, for instance, than to dad's. However, he continues to do as he likes, and I get a wound up, cranky child who can't wake up for nursery (and then I'm late for work on top of it). He is making the situation far more stressful than it already is, just to prove he doesn't need to do what I ask of him.
Is there any way to legally force him to behave in this respect? Can I just bar him from seeing her until he agrees to some regular child contact and what the days and hours will be?

What do do in this situation?

NatashaBee Sun 07-Jul-13 18:43:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SlimSchadey Sun 07-Jul-13 18:44:56

Yes, although nothing formal is agreed. He's supposed to see her every Saturday and then she will sleep over every other Saturday evening, but this hasn't really been the case. It's just whenever he can and wants to see her, for whatever length of time, it seems.

Perriwinkle9991 Mon 08-Jul-13 00:04:55

If I was you I'd either get a court order put in place so you have a written agreement. This way it prevents him taking the child for longer than agreed ect. If he brakes this then your within rights to call police and because he's broken an agreement something more formal such as a supervised visits ect would be put in place.

If you are really not happy speak to your local Childrens centre and the family support workers can help smile

SlimSchadey Mon 08-Jul-13 00:05:45

Thanks Perri! All good advice ...

Flojobunny Mon 08-Jul-13 00:18:34

I agree, court order is the way to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now