Advanced search

Lodging consent order

(5 Posts)
HondaJizz Mon 17-Jun-13 06:53:38

Sorry, after going to the court, the paperwork goes to the should say. I was waiting for something in the mail, only for it to have been languishing in solicitor's tray for very long time.

HondaJizz Mon 17-Jun-13 06:52:15

Yes, all mine went together. It's normal practice. I think I paid £90 court fees. My solicitor has to fill out a covering letter linking the application for the absolute to the Nisi, plus consent order, plus application for out of time.
All paperwork then goes to the solicitor, when signed and sealed. The consent order was an anti climax after it taking so long for exH to sign, as the judge simply writes his name at the top and stamps it, very faintly in my case! I was under the impression it would be sealed with candle wax, or such like...Clearly been watching too much Crown Court!

whostolethesocks Mon 17-Jun-13 06:42:41

I wonder if I can apply for the absolute at the same time then and submit all the paperwork together? As long as judge isn't going to contest the consent order....

HondaJizz Mon 17-Jun-13 06:36:40

I took mine to court, but the solicitor had done all of the paperwork, including applying for absolute out of time. Don't forget that the consent order only becomes valid at the time the absolute is sealed.
I put mine in the drop box on court foyer. Your local court will have it's own procedure. Good luck!

whostolethesocks Mon 17-Jun-13 04:22:13

Consent order has been drawn up by solicitor. STBXH has signed and we have completed D81. Can I lodge all this in court myself (and if so, how?) or does my solicitor need to do it? (I want to save solicitor's fees if I can)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now