Advanced search


(2 Posts)
mrsericnorthmaniwish Sat 11-May-13 18:52:56

I have just completed the arrangements for children form,I have completed it as things stand now- we are both living in the same house with the children.ultimately I would like him to leave and to be able to stay here until the youngest goes to secondary school.have I got this wrong? The house is in his name only hence my refusal to leave-although I would love to,I stay cause I am the children's full time career and its their home.thanks for reading,any advice appreciated

Noregrets78 Sun 12-May-13 08:43:36

Is the house owned or rented? I know it makes a difference - I think if it's rented it will be hard for you to stay, but if owned then you can claim rights to live in it as a marital home... you do right not leaving for now. I think there is a 'legal' board which might be worth a go?

In terms of the statement of arrangements that's not legally binding - just something to assure the judge that the kids are OK while the divorce is going on. It can be referred back to in terms of what you agreed to on there... but other than that I don't think it's used for much.

The house would need to be dealt with outside of the main divorce process.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: