Advanced search

Confused about applying for absolute

(2 Posts)
Collaborate Thu 28-Feb-13 10:12:22

Unless you've received a notice saying that the divorce should not be made absolute due to concerns over the arrangements for the children you should be free to apply for DA. If you want to be sure of the situation just ring the court.

VPNerror Wed 27-Feb-13 22:56:24

I thought I was now at the point where I could apply for the abolsute but when I went to the website to download the form, I saw that I needed to have something called a D84B certificate from the court to say that they were satisfied with the arrangements for our child.

We did have to amend and resubmit the "statement of arrangements" due to some things not being clear to the judge but we never received any acknowledgement of our update or an D84B.

It's been over 6 months since the nisi was issued and there are no outstanding financial issues so I'd really like to draw a line and move on.

Should I phone the court before I apply for the absolute? (We've done the divorce ourselves so I don't have a solicitor.) Or is there anything else I should have filled in to get this certificate? I don't want to submit the form if it's going to be rejected and I'll lose the court fee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now