Advanced search

Petition returned

(6 Posts)
Collaborate Sun 17-Feb-13 21:58:48

I would reckon so, but the judge might expect you to amend the petition. Fingers crossed,

chinup2011 Sun 17-Feb-13 13:49:34

Oh thank you Collaborate, that really helps. He is consenting, I just wasn't sure how to confirm this on the I just write that myself.
I take it copies of my birth certificate and passport are ok?

Collaborate Sun 17-Feb-13 08:44:52

I had this once for a client. I said in the petition "mrs Smith (incorrectly referred to in the marriage certificate as Mrs Smythe) and that did the trick. Send in your birth certificate and passport. If that doesn't do the trick you'll have to amend the petition as I suggest. One step at a time though.

You're not asked to prove in the petition that he consents, merely state that he does. The court will ask for his consent when he is served. I presume that you already know that he does consent, and you're not just keeping your fingers crossed.

chinup2011 Sun 17-Feb-13 07:37:44

Yes it would be, I agree, but I just haven't the money.

anonymosity Sun 17-Feb-13 04:51:35

Do you have a divorce solicitor who can advise you ? Sounds like that might be the best option.

chinup2011 Sat 16-Feb-13 10:03:56

My divorce petition has been returned for some corrections because my name was spelt incorrectly on the marriage certificate. One letter is incorrect, they are asking me to clarify it. How do I do that? By a covering letter or a note on the form?
Also as I'm applying on the grounds of two years separation I need to confirm in the statement of case that the respondant consents to this. How do I do that? Does H have to put his signature there or does he write in the form?
Many thanks for your advise.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: