Advanced search

Offsetting: Pensions and Divorce

(3 Posts)
PatTheDog Wed 23-Jan-13 23:02:20

Has anyone got any experience of this? I'm tyring to work out if it would be better for me to accept a bigger percentage share of the house instead of a share of STBXH's pension.

How do I work out what percentage share my slice of the pension would be equal to? Or do I have to pay for a report from an actuary? (Scared... have heard that's expensive and don't know if it would be worth my while).

Any tips gratefully appreciated. I'm panicking!

Collaborate Thu 24-Jan-13 06:58:01

Richard Jacobs in Stoke isn't an actuary but he is a Resolution accredited pension specialist and does reports for £900 plus vat.

PatTheDog Thu 24-Jan-13 09:51:08

Thanks Collaborate

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: