Advanced search

Help with form E please

(16 Posts)
corblimeymadam Fri 19-Oct-12 10:04:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Collaborate Fri 19-Oct-12 11:11:52

Google Form E guidance notes and you'll get (result 2) the form the court gives out. the Form E tells you as you go along what to attach.

corblimeymadam Fri 19-Oct-12 12:24:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Fri 19-Oct-12 12:26:21

Oh, you have my sympathies - this was hell!

corblimeymadam Fri 19-Oct-12 13:29:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Fri 19-Oct-12 13:52:48

WRT your financial needs, put down what you need and add a bit/round up.
You will need a valuation of the house.
You need to print bank statements out.
You need a stiff drink smile

corblimeymadam Fri 19-Oct-12 15:10:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Collaborate Fri 19-Oct-12 18:19:31

12 months

Collaborate Fri 19-Oct-12 18:19:46

The Form E makes this clear.

corblimeymadam Fri 19-Oct-12 19:17:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bellie Sun 21-Oct-12 09:12:37

Second what Soupdragon says - stiff drink needed. I found the amount of paperwork all very overwhelming so put som loud music on whilst I was sorting it.
Found it easier to sort into piles and then tackle on pile at a time - almost like eating an elephant wink

nkf Sun 21-Oct-12 09:15:25

Don't underplay household/personal expenditure. Know how much your life costs and add on more for emergencies. If there is money for the children but in your name, ask to ring fence it so it's not in the settlement. One section at a time. Good luck.

Collaborate Sun 21-Oct-12 10:43:54

In many cases either people get the list of expenses wrong, or it's not really relevant at all.

There's no point putting down unrealistically high expenditure. Be realistic. Two incomes will have to stretch to 2 households now. Cut your cloth. Don't think you can still afford the same lifestyle. If you put down a list of reasonable income needs that means you have to take all of the ex's income as maintenance then you're living in cloud cuckoo land and the best you'll do is annoy your ex - most likely annoy the judge too.

The times when it's less relevant are when both parties have a similar level of income and it's clearly a clean break case.

corblimeymadam Sun 21-Oct-12 11:38:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Sun 21-Oct-12 12:49:59

Except in my case, Collaborate, I was effectively penalised for putting down what my expenditure actually was because I had been too "frugal". Your advice would have been wrong in my situation.

After I had been criticised on many occasions by my Ex for spending too much, I had been careful with what I bought. Let's just say his form E was a revelation.

Collaborate Sun 21-Oct-12 16:15:13

In your situation you can do 2 schedules. A is what you're spending now. B is what you can't afford, but what you'd like to be able to afford and think you should get the kind of order that enables you to afford it.

I once acted for a man whose wife, on income support, put in her list the need to spend £56 a month on taking 2 dogs to the doggie hairdresser. Stunning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now