Advanced search

Child maintenance question

(11 Posts)
needtoask Sat 13-Oct-12 08:07:01

Hi all, husband and I have just seperated, he has left the house and gone back to his the moment we are informing the tax credits contact etc we have 10 month daughter, what would be a suitable amount for him to pay each week? Tia

needtoask Sat 13-Oct-12 08:08:29

Btw he works and earns about 18k a year before tax

colditz Sat 13-Oct-12 08:09:04

He should give you 15% of his take home pay. Ie, if he earns 1000 pound a month, he has to give you 150. These are the Csa guidelines.

colditz Sat 13-Oct-12 08:10:28

How often will your child be staying at his house?

colditz Sat 13-Oct-12 08:15:09

Csa calculated says £52 a week is the right amount

needtoask Sat 13-Oct-12 08:26:14

Our daughter won't be staying with him, tbh his parents house is not a suitable setting for her, tbh it's disgusting, animals, shit everywhere iykwim, we both don't want to go through the csa, prefer to do this side of things without there involvement, thx for the inf colditz

needtoask Sat 13-Oct-12 08:26:40

Info x

colditz Sat 13-Oct-12 08:39:15

You don't have to go thought the Csa, but do tell him you're taking 52 pound a week or more. He can afford to give it to you

Qwertyytrewq Sat 13-Oct-12 08:50:22

I calculate it as £42 a week.

As it's 15% after deductions. So 15% of £14000

But if he doesn't know, he doesn't know.

Collaborate Sat 13-Oct-12 09:14:24

Some time this month the CSA are changing to a gross income method of calculation. For one child he'd pay 12% of his gross pay (lower % for all income over £800 wk). So if he's on 18k (using iPhone app so can't see your OP) he'd be paying £42wk - less for shared care.

Collaborate Sat 13-Oct-12 09:16:40

So no change between the old method and the new.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: