Advanced search

Custody: do I need to apply?

(3 Posts)
Strix Tue 25-Sep-12 15:27:27

DH and I have agreed to divorce/separate. He has suggested he wants the kids. Have spoken to CAB who has indicated he is unlikely to get it. But, should I be doing something? Do I need to apply to courts for custody?

I am completely ignorant on the topics of divorce and custody. All advice welcome. Thank you!

droitwichmummy Tue 25-Sep-12 16:19:40

If you are going through a divorce, you will need to indicate on the papers the arrangements for the children which will include where they are going to live. If you think you will not be able to agree between you who they live with, you will need to apply for a residence order. If a divorce is going through, apply to the county court dealing with that, if not apply to your local Family Proceedings Court (the magistrates court which deals with this type of order). They will talk you through the procedure if you do not have a solicitor to help you.

Strix Wed 26-Sep-12 20:23:58

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: