Advanced search


(5 Posts)
vividgingerchilli Sun 25-Sep-11 21:25:46

Maybe IABU but somebody is driving me mad...and making me rather sad.
My ex-husband left against my wishes.
Now my DS goes to a club where one of the other Mum's has chosen to divorce her husband because she "doesn't love him any more". Twice a week we watch our DS's in their sports club and I have to listen to this woman going on for 2 hours about how she is very lonely, about how she has no money, about all she does is ferry her children about everywhere etc etc and how she misses her husband.
I wish she would just shut up, she knows my husband left and knows that I did not want him to leave so her lack of tact is really annoying me. I just want to enjoy watching my son and be left alone by her.
Maybe it is hard for her but a) she made the choice and b) she needs to find somebody else to talk to about it.
Thanks...needed to get that off my chest and I didn't want to get shot down in flames in AIBU.

browniebear Tue 27-Sep-11 14:48:32

Stand somewhere else? It might of been her choice but does that mean she's not allowed to be sad about it?

If she feels the need to talk about things so personal to people in a sports club she might not have any good friends of her own.

vividgingerchilli Tue 27-Sep-11 22:21:37

she always comes and sits with me, this has been her only topic of conversation for the last 6 months. I have tried to discuss other things but it always comes back to that very quickly. Never mind.

vividgingerchilli Tue 27-Sep-11 22:22:37

Of course she is allowed to be sad, but I would rather she doesn't talk to me about it when she knows that my ex left. Forget it anyway! It doesn't matter now.

cestlavielife Wed 28-Sep-11 15:54:42

you just need to tell her clearly

"i understand you are sad but my situation is different. I would prefer to dsicuss something else like the football".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now