Talk

Advanced search

Oh my Goooodddddd - I am SUCH a mug!

(6 Posts)
Mamathulu Thu 22-Sep-11 13:24:40

Sorry - just venting. Following on from my 'am I doing the right thing by taking away the kids from their ex' thread - having decided that yes we are going to move, and having sent the ex as kind a letter as possible explaining our reasons, that it wasn't to stop him seeing the kids, that we'd do everything to keep him in contact with him, etc etc, I looked at my credit report this morning, for the first time in ages.
Back in 2007, I paid the ex £11,000 as a settlement - people told me I was mad to give him a penny, but he was going ON AND ON about not having half the flat, even though we'd only ever had an interest-only payment deal. So, I reasoned that (at the time) he'd paid more for the mortgage payments than he would have done renting, so I worked out the difference and paid him that, plus my half of a tax credit bill, which he said he would pay off in installments. I found out this morning that he's paid a tenner. Of a total £2329.67. FUCKER!!!!!
Can i gouge his eyes out? With a spoon? Please?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pinner35 Thu 22-Sep-11 22:10:32

Go for it.

Mamathulu Fri 23-Sep-11 07:25:05

UPT love the name!

ChippingIn Fri 23-Sep-11 07:32:34

Yes. Absolutely.

Then ask on the legal board if anyone can make any suggestions of how to get him to pay it sad

Fucker.

(Why did you do it that way?)

Mamathulu Fri 23-Sep-11 08:22:30

The problem is, is that (I ended up posting in _Chat about this as well, as this topic seems a bit slow - but thanks for replies, guys!) I now face the situation where the ex is threatening to go to court because we want to move and transfer his midweek access to the holidays. (every other weekend and half the holidays unaffected - we've offered to bring them back for one weekend and meet him at a halfway point/have him to stay/he can collect for the other, but of course, he's probably not going to want to do any of those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now