Advanced search

Change of name HELP!

(5 Posts)
fragglerocks Wed 07-Sep-11 10:13:51

ExH and I separated in April, things are very amicable and we're still good friends so neither of us are in a massive hurry to divorce. I however want to change back to my maiden name as I still get the little stabbing pain in my heart when having to use my married name sad
I want to change by deed poll, has anyone else here done so and can you recommend a reputable way to get it done? Also any idea on cost, I've been told everything from free up to £50!!

piellabakewell Wed 07-Sep-11 19:19:46

I used a deed poll service I found online, cost about £45. It does not have to be signed by or witnessed by a solicitor, just ask a friend to witness your signature.

rightchoice Fri 16-Sep-11 23:47:58

I did it for nothing. I typed it professionally on quality legal paper, had it witnessed by a professional. The bank, and all the other bodies involved accepted the declaration. This was many years ago and I copied it out for a friend more recently. Have a google around to see if there are any guide lines but after all you are only reverting to your given name.

rightchoice Fri 16-Sep-11 23:50:56

Oh, by the way the wording was also taken from the internet, it is very very simple.

rightchoice Fri 16-Sep-11 23:56:18

Just read on line your witness simply has to be someone who knows you. Lots and lots of info on internet. IMO you could easly DIY

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now