(5 Posts)
cariboo Sun 12-Dec-10 22:35:25

I'm glad this has been created. Thanks, MNHQ

gingercrls Tue 14-Dec-10 15:15:51

Me too!

Maelstrom Wed 15-Dec-10 18:12:40

Thanks!

cariboo Fri 17-Dec-10 22:08:53

Okay, here's where (one of) the major difference(s) is between "relationships" and "divorce" - LAWYERS! Or solicitors, as they're called in the UK. Once they get involved, it's every man/woman for themselves. Not only do they cost an absolute fortune but above all, they act in your 'best interests' - brutally!

I'm actually feeling sorry for soon-to-be (fingers crossed) ex-h. He's abused me and the children emotionally (but not physically) in the worst ways for so, so long. And yet... I'm probably as stupid as h says I am, but I can't help feeling regret and even (stupid, stupid, stupid me!) pity.

It's almost Christmas, a time for families - even if you fight like cat and dog - by tradition. But h and I are in the thick of it. It's war, or so it seems. And who suffers most? Those you most want to protect: the dc. sad

pinkhair Sat 25-Dec-10 00:19:52

cariboo i agree with you, i'm currently divorcing my husband but i feel so guilty, why...cos i can get legal aid and he cant, he had to pay 600.00 for the first vistor, it was 200.00 for the consultation and 400.00 up front, but why do we feel guilty about it.

It like i have told my solictor everything and he's like well why did you say that, i was only telling the truth, but feel bad for it now and sometimes feel sorry for him, even after i was emotionally abused for years.
And i agree it is the dc that suffer, cos i know our DS has, but glad to say he is getting alot better now it is just me and ds in the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now