Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Aspergers diagnosis

(3 Posts)
surlycurly Fri 12-Jan-18 21:01:24

Hi is there anyone out there with HFASD? Preferably female? I'm mid diagnosis and could do with chatting about some of the difficulties. TIA

Kingsclerelass Sun 14-Jan-18 00:35:16

I'm aspie. I've never bothered with dx though because I worry having a "label" gives people an opportunity to discriminate, so I'm not sure I'm much use to you.
I work, keep my head down and try hard to avoid upsetting people. I'm lucky, I work in a dept of one so need to get on with people is less.

surlycurly Sun 14-Jan-18 10:34:08

I work in a large team (high school) and it's mainly work that has prompted me to get the diagnosis. I'm struggling to fit in and constantly offend people with my opinions about what we're not getting right, and my frustration when people don't do what they say. Short of resigning I'm going to have to tell them or look for another school. It's al rather depressing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now