Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any advice?

(5 Posts)
Autumnleaves105 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:16:19

I have chronic health issues, gastroparesis and psoriatic arthritis. I'm on medication and am in a lot of pain, constantly tired and battling most days. I have good days and bad days. I have an 18month old. He was born 3 months early and had severe pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome. I had a lot of morning sickness with this pregnancy and it also made my gastroparesis worse. I had to quit my part time job as I was too ill to work.
My DH and I are planning to try for number 2 in September and I have concerns about my health and how I'll cope. I'll need to come off my arthritis medication 3 months before and I'm worried about the potential pain I'll be in and everything else that goes with arthritis. Also with my other health problems I'm worried I'll struggle with a toddler whilst being pregnant. I also will be very closely monitored after what happened with my first pregnancy.
My DH has recently started a new job with a less than average wage but we manage ok. He won't be able to take time off and there's really nobody else available who could help out on a regular basis if that's what I need. We can't afford nursery or childminder either.
I may be worrying over nothing and be completely fine but I can't help but worry. We have discussed not having another one but we would be devastated if we didn't, I know I would always regret it.
I applied for PIP and got refused and I can't put myself through that again. I get child tax credits and child benefit which is barely worth it to be honest but still helps.
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions that we might be able to do to make things a bit easier? Xx

Autumnleaves105 Mon 13-Mar-17 00:20:31

Anybody?

Autumnleaves105 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:31:52

Bump

MrsMozart Fri 17-Mar-17 02:14:34

Sorry to read of your struggles.

In all honesty I wouldn't have another one.

yaela123 Sun 19-Mar-17 13:35:56

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles

Could you wait a bit longer before having another one as a toddler and pregnancy/baby is very tough? Perhaps in 3 or 4 years, the older one will be at school and you will be able to focus on yourself and baby more, without a hyper LO to manage as well?

I'm sorry I don't have any advice on the medical side of things - hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along soon!

Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now