Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

MS

(3 Posts)
wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Tue 23-Feb-16 09:56:08

Hi!

Any mums with MS on here? Seems like a quiet board, but just wondered if there were any other mums out there parenting with very few spoons? smile

Yankeepoodle Tue 01-Mar-16 21:50:26

Yep, me! Diagnosed in 2005, one school age and one at nursery. Some days good, most with fewer spoons than I'd like and some where I just don't have enough. Mobility has declined a fair bit in past few years mainly due to foot drop. I can walk without a stick but tend to use either stick or buggy for balance. Am having Lemtrada this week which is exciting and terrifying in equal measure! You're right this is a quiet board, I check it every now and again. Over the years I've noticed that there are in fact quite a few msers on MN. They tend to come out of the woodwork when someone posts on chat about worrying MS like symptoms or a possible diagnosis. I've sort have given up on MN for ms and now post/lurk on MN for general life stuff and have found Shift MS when I need a bit of health support/solidarity. Very happy to chat here though!

wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Wed 30-Mar-16 12:43:02

Yankee! I have only just seen this! So sorry.

I am a member of shift MS too, but haven't used it in months!

I was dx in 2014 whilst pregnant. So don't think I really took it in at the time.

How are you finding Lemtrada? Is it an infusion? I have been on Tecfidera since May 2015 and have been fine on it. No big relapses, but quite a few niggling symptoms and spasticity in my legs just seems to keep getting worse. But have Tizanidine for that (just have to keep upping the dose!)

I have one DC, a boy, he turned 1 last month xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now