Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

MS

(3 Posts)
wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Tue 23-Feb-16 09:56:08

Hi!

Any mums with MS on here? Seems like a quiet board, but just wondered if there were any other mums out there parenting with very few spoons? smile

Yankeepoodle Tue 01-Mar-16 21:50:26

Yep, me! Diagnosed in 2005, one school age and one at nursery. Some days good, most with fewer spoons than I'd like and some where I just don't have enough. Mobility has declined a fair bit in past few years mainly due to foot drop. I can walk without a stick but tend to use either stick or buggy for balance. Am having Lemtrada this week which is exciting and terrifying in equal measure! You're right this is a quiet board, I check it every now and again. Over the years I've noticed that there are in fact quite a few msers on MN. They tend to come out of the woodwork when someone posts on chat about worrying MS like symptoms or a possible diagnosis. I've sort have given up on MN for ms and now post/lurk on MN for general life stuff and have found Shift MS when I need a bit of health support/solidarity. Very happy to chat here though!

wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Wed 30-Mar-16 12:43:02

Yankee! I have only just seen this! So sorry.

I am a member of shift MS too, but haven't used it in months!

I was dx in 2014 whilst pregnant. So don't think I really took it in at the time.

How are you finding Lemtrada? Is it an infusion? I have been on Tecfidera since May 2015 and have been fine on it. No big relapses, but quite a few niggling symptoms and spasticity in my legs just seems to keep getting worse. But have Tizanidine for that (just have to keep upping the dose!)

I have one DC, a boy, he turned 1 last month xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now