Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Private Aspergers Diagnosis

(3 Posts)
CumbriaMum91 Wed 16-Dec-15 12:18:35

Has anyone in England gotten one of these? I'm very uncomfortable with the capabilities of the mental health services in my area. I'm willing to travel and pay even if it turns out I am not on the spectrum, for peace of mind.

At the minute everyone's trying to throw anti-depressants at me but I know I don't just have "depression" and I want to talk to someone who isn't trying to "fob me off" and actually knows something about this (no-one I've spoken to has any experience at all this includes my GP and mental health worker)

Day to day life is becoming overwhelmingly difficult and I can't function with "normal people", any advice?

building2015 Tue 22-Dec-15 19:59:20

We paid for my son to have an assessment by a private neuropsychologist. It was worth every penny (about £2000). The report told us exactly what was going on with him, after she spent 5 hour long sessions giving him (fun) standardised tests.

Are you in Cumbria (looking at your username)? I don't know these people but a google threw them up...

www.tribunepsych.co.uk/

building2015 Tue 22-Dec-15 20:04:21

Also see this directory

www.bps.org.uk/bpslegacy/dcp?frmAction=results&Postcode=&PostcodeRadius=3&BranchCode=NW&Directory_WhoFor=AU&DK=&DK=&DK=&DK=&DK=&DK=AS4&DK=&DK=&DK=&DK=&DK=&Directory_Language=&Filter_Keyword=&Filter_Surname=

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now