Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

personal independance payment

(8 Posts)
firmino2015 Sat 25-Jul-15 13:40:49

hi i need help if anyone can , my partner has been on pip for two years at the lower mobility rate , she had her review on the 22nd march 2015 , on the 24th of june her award notice arrived and because her condition has worsened she was awarded the higher rate mobility , i then proceeded to order a car on mobility for her , i also telephoned pip and asked would her money be back dated to the time of her review being the 22nd march , i was told no as the award started from the 24th june , then today on the 25th july another award letter has been posted dated the 22nd july 2015 stating she is not entitled to the higher rate mobility following a review any help would be appreciated , as i have already ordered a motability car

GraysAnalogy Sat 25-Jul-15 13:44:44

I'm not sure of the rest of it but I'm 99% sure my mum's PIP was backdated.

firmino2015 Sat 25-Jul-15 13:47:10

since applying for the back dated money they have taken the full mobility award off her and reduced it again to the standard rate . this cant be allowed surely

GraysAnalogy Sat 25-Jul-15 13:51:45

I think your best bet with this is booking in with citizens advice to take this forward, that doesn't seem right at all. It was a battle to get and keep my mum's so I know the agro you're going through.

Sorry couldn't be of more help but just wanted to wish you luck

Bubblesinthesummer Sat 25-Jul-15 13:53:36

I'd call them if I was you. Mine was backdated originally as it was a new claim. Not sure about continual claims.

firmino2015 Sat 25-Jul-15 13:56:17

i think ill try cab ,i think they have took the award off her just because i asked about backpay

firmino2015 Sat 25-Jul-15 14:03:19

thanks i think ill do that only thing i can see is they have stopped it because i applied for back pay

Groovee Thu 19-Nov-15 12:02:28

As it was a review while being on PIP, you do not get back pay. Back pay is only paid to new claims and is backdated to when you claimed.

There's been a lot of upset from people transferring over from DLA expecting big back pays and then realising that they weren't entitled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now