Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Disabled husband

(5 Posts)
Chippet Tue 02-Jun-15 22:19:46

My husband has mobility issues and struggles to walk unaided and cannot bend down / lift his arms up, I would love a family, but not sure if I can have a child and look after him.

Does anyone else have a disabled husband with a family.

(He's only recently become disabled, so is taking time getting use to our lifestyle changes)

scaevola Fri 05-Jun-15 06:21:16

Had you spotted that you'd posted this in the contraception topic?

You might want to ask MNHQ to move it to another topic (maybe Relationships, of Parents with Disabilities?)

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Jun-15 13:42:07

Hi there Chippet - we're going to pop your thread over to a more appropriate topic so you can get the best response.

teacupnic Wed 10-Jun-15 11:12:33

I have a husband with hemiplegia. He has little use of his left arm and some other difficulties ie finds physical things tiring.

We have a 10 month old baby and it has been difficult being the only parent who an so nappy changes, putting him the high chair, etc.

However, I think if you're semi prepared for the reality of this and have some support available then it may make things easier. Does your husband have a physio? They may have some suggestions as to ways up make parenting easier for him.

If you've got any specific questions, or want to pm me, feel free.

Chippet Sat 13-Jun-15 19:29:28

Thankyou teacupnic.
Don't think I have any specific questions, I know it must be possible and just wanting to here stories from people who have 'been there, done that'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now