Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What was pregnancy like for you?

(2 Posts)
LittleTalia Wed 25-Feb-15 10:06:58

I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and for me..pregnancy was the most horrible experience of my life. I have low blood pressure already and have POTs which didn't bode well with my pregnancy at all. I spent almost 7 months fainting or feeling that I would with no energy. I also had severe morning sickness, 18 times a day roughly and I couldn't eat anything but a Granny Smith apple mid-afternoon. Then the hormones that make you more stretchy were disastrous because EDS already makes me stretchy so I was dislocating more than ever. My placenta started to fail at 7 months, they believe because of my EDS. I was emergency induced and had an amazing, amazing labour. From the point of induction my waters went half an hour after and then only pushed for 4 minutes and he was here! He spent 3 months in hospital ill with Necrotising Endocolitis.

That's my story, what about yours?

ChloeMTurner77 Tue 07-Jul-15 21:45:01

I have a condition called Friedreich's Ataxia and use a wheelchair. I had my first, and probably only baby on Valentine's Day. My pregnancy was good and bad because of my condition. Yeah best thing is that before getting pregnant I was on tablets for an overactive bladder. I was so worried about stopping these but my bladder coped well and I haven't needed ho back on them. Bad things were heartburn/acid reflux, no morning sickness but I was sick every time I lay down for the last 2 months. I had gestational diabetes so had to take Metformin and inject Insulin, as well as injecting Clexane daily to thin my blood. I never felt any movement throughout pregnancy, which also meant I didn't feel any labour pains until quite far into it. I had a c-section as she was breech and my recovery was established excellent. I suffered a pulmonary embolism afterwards but am fine now. Ramona is worth all the hassle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now