Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Wheelchair holiday house for family reunion?

(5 Posts)
senvet Sun 04-Jan-15 00:02:17

Hi folks
Where would you look for a wheelchair friendly holiday house to suit several families, mostly able bodied.

I would want to be able to take full part in cooking etc, not have everyone rushing in assuming I need help. This is maddening as it is their presence crowding behind my power chair usually makes me unable to cook the meal ...

Lifesalemon Sun 04-Jan-15 11:58:06

Hi. Does the accomadation just need to be wheelchair accessable or do you need extras such as profile beds, tracking hoist etc. and how many does it need to sleep?
I found quite a few wheelchair accessable cottages from an online search but not many with profile beds and hoisting facilities.

senvet Sun 04-Jan-15 16:07:29

Great
Don't need tracking hoists or profile beds, just Access scheme for independent wheelchair user.

Do you have a good internet site for accessible rentals? I keep finding sites where they are all muddled up. I thought the National Access Scheme would have a nice easy-to-use listing of all the properties they have assessed, which would be ideal.

My side of the family we would need 9
DH would be 23/25 for the next BIG birthday coming up!

Thanks

Lifesalemon Sun 04-Jan-15 20:42:03

www.groupaccommadation.com is a good site for large properties but not all are wheelchair accesable so you have to filter your search. I also like www.disabledholidays.com

senvet Mon 05-Jan-15 01:35:27

Thanks Life, I'll look now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now