Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

unsupportive husband

(2 Posts)
squirrel996 Fri 21-Nov-14 20:48:45

I'm getting fed up with him and how I'm treated but I'm worried about coping on my own with 2 children.
I told my friend today and she said to ring the council and ask to get rehoused in a bungalow or flat (I'm a full time wheelchair user) and it would be much more suitable than where I live now as well as cheaper.

Has anyone else done this and are you much happier now?

AdoraDreams Thu 27-Nov-14 22:45:29

I've done this sort of - before my current relationship I was in a very unsupportive one and left when I was pregnant. it's so important to be in charge of your own autonomy. I know it's terrifying, it really is. but you should be able to access a lot of support and financial help that will get you some appropriate care and make it so you're able to care for your children effectively. It might be worth giving your local Citizen's Advice a call, they're trained to deal with this and can give you advice on support you're entitled to.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: