Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Q for those of you with CFS/Fibro/CTD's...

(5 Posts)
ElizabethFailer Tue 26-Aug-14 20:48:04

Do you find your symptoms disappear when your immune system has something to deal with? I've had lots of different diagnoses over the last few years; first CFS/ME, then suspected RA, but the rheumy said Vit D deficiency and FMS, then she said UCTD, possible lupus, which I agreed with, but then she moved away and my new rheumy said FMS again, but instead of stopping my hydoxychloroquine as I would expect with FMS, he halved it!?? I'm very confused, but essentially, I've just had my gallbladder removed, and then an infection, a haematoma and a seroma, all at the same time. The weird thing was, was that I knew something was wrong almost as soon as I came round from the anaesthetic, because all my usual symptoms disappeared, which is what happens when I get another virus or bug. All the time I had the infection problems, it was like I was 'normal', but as I recovered from that, my CFS/Fibro/UCTD-lupus symptoms returned. I just wondered if this sounded familiar to anyone else?

AdoraDreams Wed 05-Nov-14 21:04:12

This is familiar to me. Having a cold is such a nice break from my everyday symptoms... Also the people around me are nicer about it. Maybe it's psychological based on getting treated better by others when you have a "normal" illness that makes the main symptoms less killer, or maybe my immune system just gets distracted for a bit and stops fighting itself. cheerful shrug

nattygk Mon 01-Dec-14 20:12:03

Im a parent who has fibro lately been getting severe headaches due to stress levels being high I also have. A child who has learning disability and possible adhd im so knackered and in pain that im getting raty my partner does help but his working hours are unpredictable so I'm left to get on with it my family dont understand my condition and the limitions I have on on myself

CFSKate Fri 12-Dec-14 23:59:39

“I remembered that the spring before,” Edwin continued, “I got poison ivy on my arm while cutting some brush in the back of the house. The poison ivy was nasty, but I noticed that the fatigue was better.“I didn’t think much more about it. Then, this spring, just before plowing, I decided to pull up some poison ivy roots and rub them on my arms. Afterward, the itching was horrible, but my fatigue got better for about two full weeks. I could work just like before I got this disease, and I got all my planting done in time. But I noticed that as the poison ivy wore off, the fatigue came back.”

ButterBRANDYface Mon 29-Dec-14 19:57:02

Wow, Kate, I just read that link, and yes, it's very interesting what he says - I've been tempted for a long time to ask my GP to keep infecting me with a regular cold virus to keep the fatigue at bay! If I wasn't so scared of doctors poo-pooing me, I probably would!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now