Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.


(4 Posts)
gallifrey Tue 26-Mar-13 11:24:32

This might be a really stupid question but how do you start the process of having a carer?

I am in the support group for ESA and have just reapplied for DLA. I have fibromyalgia and severe back problems and have real problems doing things at home. I use a wheelchair for long distances and can't stand up for very long.

A few years ago before I became ill I was a carer and worked for someone that employed me through A4E agency. I am on their mailing list for jobs and have just had a read through and there are people on there looking for a carer that seem to be in a similar position to me.

gallifrey Tue 26-Mar-13 21:16:46

also is there any help available to help look after my 2 yr old daughter? I'm really struggling to do anything with her. Every time we go out anywhere she runs away and will lay down on the floor and crawl knowing I can't bend down or run after her. I am starting to use my wheelchair more and more when I go out and it's pretty much impossible.

gallifrey Thu 28-Mar-13 17:17:16

I contacted social services today and they are giving me an assessment and have sent me information about direct payments too. smile

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Mon 01-Apr-13 14:16:21

I'm glad to hear that. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: