Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Social Services

(26 Posts)
GrownUp2012 Tue 31-Jan-12 14:51:43

If you were having problems caring for your children on your own because of health problems, would you contact children's social services? Tried to talk to a doctor today about being in pain and struggling to do the school runs, and they've advised contact adult social services with regards to care and adaption needs, adult social services regard me being unable to do things for the kids as a children's social services matter. I've to contact them myself. I'm not sure whether I should or not, I am capable of coping alone, but it's a shite horrible existence. If they could make my life better, then I'd not hesitate, but I am worried they'd make it worse, and I'd rather have shite horrible existence with my children than without them.

Using the children's boards too as DD has some behavioural issues, but thought I would ask over here as this is more related to my own health.

I have rheumatoid arthritis, a renal problem as yet undiagnosed but which causes infections a lot, and I have enduring mental health problems, currently in the middle of a crisis due to medication problems. No one is helping me, I am trying to get help and people keep passing the buck to someone else. All I want to do is be able to look after my children and be as healthy as possible, and I am fighting to get there, but hesitant about taking this step if it is risky.

RabbitsMakeBrownEggs Mon 27-Aug-12 09:24:41

PainForLife I am grownup2012 and I have no problem with you seeking help you need, I hope you get somewhere, keep us updated. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now