Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help with post-operative care?

(3 Posts)
anon69 Mon 10-Oct-11 17:17:47

To cut a long story short, amd disabled mum of 3 special needs children, and have been waiting for major abdominal surgery for a very long time.

Currently receive direct payments from social services for my ongoing day to day needs, but following my urgery two weeks ago, am hitting a brick wall with post-op care.

I have help in place with the children, but nothing for me. Am unable to drive or lift for at least a month, and have frequent medical and physio appointments that I am unable to get to as I can neither use public transport nor afford taxis. Even the community transport service wants at least £20 for a round trip to the hospital, which I just don't have.

I would be grateful if anyone could give any further advice on where I can get some desparately needed help. As I understood, social care had a duty during post-op periods, but they are telling me not.

Thanks
J

flowerflo Mon 17-Oct-11 22:20:11

That sounds awful. I have no experience of this but have you tried asking your GP if they provide hospital transport? I also found this link although not sure if it will help. Hope you find a solution.

www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/Healthcosts/pages/Travelcosts.aspx

flowerflo Mon 17-Oct-11 22:24:13

www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1079.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=154

Also found this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now