Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

higher rate mobility query

(5 Posts)
ladyGeraldine Fri 23-Sep-11 15:38:02

I got a dla letter today, reassed and got higher mobility and middle care. I understand I now get free car tax at renewal. Can I get a blue badge now, really want one as due to walking difficulties got higher rate. Is anything effected now with Fla award, it lasts till Aug next year.

topsyturner Fri 23-Sep-11 15:44:47

You should automatically be entitled to a blue badge when you are awarded higher rate mobility . But I think you have to apply to your local council to get it .

AMumInScotland Fri 23-Sep-11 15:51:29

Yes you just need to apply to your council for it - it should be automatically given because of the DLA, but you still have to ask for it.

ladyGeraldine Fri 23-Sep-11 18:05:29

Thank you, I will contact the local authorities on Monday.

SanctiMoanyArse Fri 23-Sep-11 18:06:54

Am going to message MN and ask them to move this to the rights ection- sorry it's a PITA I know but friday niught + alcohol and you might get a flaming just for being entitled to a badge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now