Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Free Wheelchair Accessible Cot

(4 Posts)
Poppy72 Fri 09-Sep-11 19:50:46

We have finished with our wheelchair accessible cot and would like to donate it on.

The cot has a special door which meant my husband could access both our kids without having to lift them out of the cot. The adaption was made by REMAP to a lovely Stokke Cot.

We would like it specifically to go to another wheelchair user. We are based in Central London so could deliver within zone 1-2 but beyond that it would need to be picked up.

Let me know if you are interested.

Rollersara Fri 16-Sep-11 21:54:41

That's a very generous offer Poppy!

I'm expecting my first and although only use my chair when I'm out of the house I am wondering if this would make things easier for me - I have trouble standing up straight, especially if carrying something (like a baby!) so I tend to sit or kneel where I can.

Let me know if you think this might be useful and if you don't get asked by a fulltime wheelchair user!

SunnyCarrie Wed 21-Sep-11 21:33:21

Wow Poppy! You sure, I don't want it or anything, I got an ordinary cot from Mothercare adapted by Remap, enough for my reach issues and bending problems but I know OTs were suggesting one of these to me and the cost was phenomenal!

I think that is really generous of you and I just wanted to say that really, I am sure you will be massively helping someone by being so kind. I will follow in your footsteps and give mine away to someone with physical difficulties when my baby boy no longer needs his.

Just for info I have started a blog to share tips, ideas, knowledge/reviews of accessible cots, popper free clothes,easy accessible high chairs for disabled parents,etc etc.I plan to set up a web site shortly and hope to establish a place in which swap shop of pre adapted, easy to use equipment can be exchanged or maybe sold by other disabled parents. I would have given any thing for someone to have come on and said "get your easy to buckle up and get child in, high chair here!". Take a look, I am a Mums net blogger and really hope Rollersara or any one else enjoys the cot, very lucky person who gets it. x

disabledpositiveparent.blogspot.com/

BizJet78 Thu 29-Sep-11 19:57:46

Hi Poppy72

Just sent you a PM.

My wife is a full-time wheelchair user so fingers crossed the cot is still available as it will save us several hundred pounds on a bespoke one :-)

Phil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now