Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bus passes - how do they work then?

(2 Posts)
APieOfButter Mon 30-May-11 16:01:06

Hope I'm in the right topic.

I'm in the process of applying for a bus pass (I'm pretty certain I should get it, but in these days you can't be certain of anything)

Anyway, how does it work? I'm just a bt nervous, as I don't "look" disabled, about bus drivers refusing to let me use it and so on. There is a scanning thingy that people use for season tickets on our buses, if I put it in a normal season ticket wallet, would that be OK? I just don't fancy explaining myself in front of a bus full of people.

Also, how far can you go with one? If i was travelling with my two children, who are too young to pay, would it be totally free?

xalala Wed 08-Jun-11 23:02:51

Mine (Freedom Pass) has my photo on the card now. And besides that, it's in a standard blue Oyster card holder. When I scan it on the reader thingy the screen says Freedom Pass, but I've never been challenged on it by the driver. I don't "look" disabled either.

And mine is valid London zones 1-6, and I can take both kids with me for free (aged 4 and 1). I think it originally came with some info about using it in other areas, but I can't remember the rules now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now