Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help with medical problems. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dad suffers with schitzophrenia

(4 Posts)
Scruffyhound Mon 08-Nov-10 14:42:48

My dad has suffered with schitzophrenia for about 14 years now. We have just got to the point where my dad has not been sectioned for 2 yrs. I had a phone call the other day off dads new nurse/social worker and she said they have got to make cut backs and can dad take him self to the clinic to get his injection I felt that he should not be doing that his self and he needs to be monitored as when he is not he gets sectioned hes been sectioned nearly every year since diagnosed. I used to be his carer until I fell pregnant and disslocated my knee I could not cope with my own things and a full time job as well as dad. So when someone took over it was nice. I have moved away now and live 2 hrs away and in some selfish ways dont want to get dragged into it again. I looked after dad from when i was 17 up until I was 28 and felt I should not have a baby because dad took up so much time. I had counciling for it. I love my dad but I cant go through that again it was so heart breaking. I hope the NHS sorts its self out!

FlameGrilledMama Mon 08-Nov-10 19:44:55

Hi scruffyhound you would probably get more detailed and quicker responce if you post this in mental health HTH smile

Scruffyhound Mon 08-Nov-10 20:50:32

Sorry and thanks for the tip Im such a nanna! ta

FlameGrilledMama Mon 08-Nov-10 21:40:01

No need to say sorry I have made the same mistake myself blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: