Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

what to expect?

(3 Posts)
nosleepforme Thu 02-Nov-17 15:46:58

i did the glucose test to check for gd. they prepared me a vile drink and added all sorts of flavouring which i could not stand the smell of so had to ask them to prepare the 50g glucose with just plain cold water. it was like someone had poured a whole packet of sugar on my wheetabix! it took me a while to get it down cos it was way too sweet, which probably had an effect on my test.
the blood sugar levels came up a little high, so the dr wants me to do the 3hr 100g glucose test.
firstly, will it be the same drink that i have to take, or will it taste double as sweet, cos i cant bear something so sweet.
secondly, any advice on how to drink it quickly and keep it down so that the test will not show any false results?
any other advice? im not sure what to expect...

nosleepforme Thu 02-Nov-17 15:52:26

also, both baby and placenta are very small which is normal for my family. i thought that with gd you would have a very big baby?

MirandaGoshawk Tue 07-Nov-17 10:46:55

Sorry no one has replied to you. Maybe you should post this in the pregnancy thread? Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now