Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Could my Insomnia be low blood sugar?

(4 Posts)
nell15 Thu 11-May-17 09:29:01

Hi I'm wondering if my insomnia is to do with blood sugar fluctuations?
I've been waking up about 2am almost every other night, at its worst, and I lie there restless and my brain whirring away and I can't get back to sleep for a few hours.
I've noticed I get a bit "high" after anything too sweet and I seem to get a "drop" in energy afterwards. I also seem prone to fungal and yeast overgrowth type things like thrush and have athletes foot almost permanently despite using antiifungall creams

Could I be pre diabetic?

nell15 Thu 11-May-17 20:23:59

Anyone???

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Fri 12-May-17 01:10:51

I used to wake up in the night and be awake for hours. I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes and then changed my diet. Now I usually get 8 hours solid sleep (except tonight ha ha).

I would ask your GP for a blood test to rule out diabetes, thyroid issues etc etc.

CousinCharlotte Tue 16-May-17 14:46:44

Get your GP to do a finger prick test to test your blood sugars.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now