Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Update from the Diabetes UK Conference

(4 Posts)
T1mum3 Sat 11-Mar-17 21:36:01

I was invited as a blogger to the Diabetes UK Conference this week. If you are interested, I'm writing a series of blogs here stereotype.blog

CatsBatsEars Sun 12-Mar-17 20:02:06

Great video link. I was diagnosed T1 last year following admission to hospital with DKA, I'm in my forties and still getting to grips with it all, any info is helpful, thanks smile

highinthesky Sun 12-Mar-17 20:08:37

Thanks! I couldn't schlep to Manchester this year but always pick up loads from the professional lectures.

I wish DUK would stick everything on their YouTube channel.

T1mum3 Mon 13-Mar-17 20:09:14

Highinthesky - I wish they would too. They've done a few little shorts but it's more promotion than tangible info an HCP could use.

CatsBatsEars - so sorry to hear of your diagnosis and that must have been difficult for you as an adult. I hope you are getting some good support (I've heard that it can be not so good for adults receiving a diagnosis, paeds isn't always great, but I think there is more for kids). Have you done DAFNE yet? Everyone I spoke to, even people who were really knowledgable before they did the course, valued it hugely. I love the Sporty Diabetics forum on facebook as I learn a lot from adults on there about how they are managing their T1D.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now