Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Questioning glucose test result

(1 Post)
chloechloe Thu 09-Mar-17 11:16:35

I recently had a load of blood tests done 8 weeks after giving birth and my blood glucose (Natrium fluoride) came back as 105+ mg/dl. The Dr said I urgently need to get it checked again as the reference level for fasting tests is 60-100 mg/dl.

I queried the result with the Dr as the test was done in the afternoon 2 hours after eating. Also I'd had a hectic day traveling then meeting work colleagues before the appointment and so had a cappuccino and mozzarella/ tomato on white bread for lunch at 3pm blush. The Dr is still insisting the result is a problem whereas from what I've read this would be a fairly normal non fasting result, especially given what I'd eaten that day.

Am I being foolish to go against the advice to get it checked out? With a toddler and a baby I'm reluctant to drag us all to the Dr for an early morning fasting test!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now