Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Glucose in urine

(2 Posts)
VittysCardigan Wed 08-Mar-17 18:27:04

Had to give a urine sample this morning to check for infection & the docs called me to say that I now need a blood test as there was glucose in my urine.

I went for blood tests last month as I had been v tired for a week and my thyroid is under active so wanted levels checked. Thyroid & Hb were ok but was prescribed vit D.

I am not thirsty, the only time I have to wee frequently is when I'm out drinking (not often), I'm not over weight or losing weight

Are there other reasons for glucose in urine? Also, will I get the results straight away (is it similar to sugar levels done daily?) or will it have to be sent away for testing?

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Wed 08-Mar-17 18:32:37

Usually it would be blood test(s) sent away to the lab. for more accurate analysis. I would wait until you get the results of the follow up tests before worrying. This happened to BIL and he was fine (turned out he'd drunk a litre of coke beforehand to make sure he could produce the urine sample, and they decided it was just the after effects of all that sugar hitting his system before his insulin levels had adjusted sufficiently to remove it from his blood)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now