Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old - vomiting at night

(3 Posts)
Stm2016 Sun 05-Mar-17 15:30:42

I'm probably clutching at straws here but for the past 10 nights my little boy has been sick, at roughly the same time every night (around midnight). Docs have just said it's a virus but I'm not convinced there's not something else going on.

He seems fine during the day but gets a bit cranky/pale towards the end of the day. He goes to bed as normal and has woken up crying every night and is then sick.

I can't be sure if he's been increasingly thirsty lately as I am keen to get some kind of resolution and I'm not sure I'm exaggerating symptoms in my head. Just wondering if this night time sickness may be a symptom of diabetes? I'm taking him to the docs again tomorrow so insist on further tests, but am worried they'll just fob me off

Stm2016 Sun 05-Mar-17 15:53:29

Also - he's had really long naps this week (up to three hours) so surely if it was something triggered by lying down he'd be sick after/during his naps too??

T1mum3 Sat 11-Mar-17 21:32:00

I hope it went well at the GPs. If you are ever concerned about type one diabetes, then ask for a finger prick test at the GP. It's not very painful and costs the GP very little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now